Re: Customized Upstart Jobs/Overrides

hi,
Am Freitag, den 02.05.2014, 18:42 -0700 schrieb Steve Langasek:

> > 2. Although this thread originally mentions custom upstart jobs in
> > the context of carrier customizations, it should be noted that there
> > 22 existing system override jobs defined in our current Touch
> > images. These will need to be taken into consideration as part of
> > the systemd migration.
>
> Yes; I've long regarded the overrides in the phone images with concern, and
> think we should be figuring out how to "upstream" these into the stock
> packages so that overrides aren't needed.  This can (and, I believe, should)
> be done independent of the move to systemd.

this has always been the plan (and it is definitely still the plan) to
at least get the majority of changes into the distro packages instead of
shipping them in i.e. lxc-android-config. but apart from the fact that
nobody found the time yet to go over this yet, they are still changing a
lot all the time and it might make sense to wait til we have settled a
bit before trying to push them "upstream".

ciao
	oli