Landing team 02.06.14

Hello everyone!

As per our earlier announcement we had a strange emergency situation
today. Late Friday the landing of the split greeter has landed (which
caused even problems during the weekend due to a block in -proposed),
and this caused false-positive test result failures in all application
tests on the smoketesting infrastructure. Since we were practically
blind because of this, we decided to enter TRAINCON-0. We will exit from
this mode once we get reliable test results back.

The problem has been identified and fixed - the cause seemed to be in
the newly introduced dbus-x11 dependency. A new image with the
dependency removed is building. Once we get additional confirmation from
the smoketesting that our issues are fixed we will resume normal landings.
Once this happens, we will send out a message to this mailing list.

>From the user point of view images #59 and #60 work normally, so no
worries. Those include the new unity8 with the greeter working now
separately of unity8.

As a reminder - we now try the new 'system' for landing blockers as
mentioned on the e-mail on Friday. But since we had no test results yet
for today the changes will take visible effect only tomorrow.

For now, the updated list as always:

* Links to auto-generated commit-logs of recent images:
(Host might change in the nearest time)
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/57.commitlog
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/58.commitlog
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/59.commitlog
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/60.commitlog

* Link to the smoketesting board:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

* Known issues:

** Pictures taken with flash are almost completely black (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/camera-app/+bug/1322121
 -> Camera-app might be rewritten soon

* Issues not impacting user experience
(will become blockers if not fixed after a while):

** High CPU usage observed across EDS and indicator-datetime causing
clock app tests to fail
https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-datetime/+bug/1321775
 -> Calendar app trunk seems to have the fix, but no new version
released yet - Thomi mentioned some brokeness when running tests as a
click package, no progress here

** File manager flaky test (Julien)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1316677
 -> Possible bug identified, looking for someone who could dig into
deeper and propose a fix

** Terminal app issues with responsiveness and usability
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1322529
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1322527
 -> Waiting for some of the fixes to get released

** Failing ubuntu-system-settings *tz* tests
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-system-settings/+bug/1319711
 -> Earlier identified as flaky, not reproducible locally, but happens
more frequently on smoketesting recently

** Gallery app autopilot tests broken
 -> Fix still waiting for release in the UITK landing

Thanks!

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx