Re: Landing team 02.06.14

hi,
Am Montag, den 02.06.2014, 20:03 +0200 schrieb Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak:

> The problem has been identified and fixed - the cause seemed to be in
> the newly introduced dbus-x11 dependency. A new image with the
> dependency removed is building. Once we get additional confirmation from
> the smoketesting that our issues are fixed we will resume normal landings.
> Once this happens, we will send out a message to this mailing list.

sadly it seems to not be this easy ... while the smoke tests seem to
pass just fine now we have lost all indicators ... seemingly the gdbus
calls in the code make use of the dbus-launch binary from the dbus-x11
package. while we now end up with only one session dbus for each session
as it should be, the gdbus calls do not get processed which ends in the
indicator upstart event not being emitted ... which in turn makes us end
up without indicators in the greeter.

my proposal would be:

we split dbus-x11 into:

dbus-launch - containing /usr/bin/dbus-launch
and:
dbus-x11 - which only contains /etc/X11/Xsession.d/75dbus_dbus-launch
and depends on the dbus-launch package

then we can make unity8-greeter depend on dbus-launch without pulling
the Xsession.d activation into the phone (and without ending up with
multiple dbus daemons per session) and keep dbus-x11 properly working
for the desktop via the
dbus-x11 -> dbus-launch dependency

for now Michał Sawicz is pushing in a night shift for preparing a silo
that rolls back the whole split greeter landing ... but this landing
consists of 10 source packages and rolling it back will cost us at least
another day with TRAINCON-0

I would personally prefer going forward with the dbus-x11 split (since
we know that the AP tests wont be affected and we can drop the block)
but that would also mean that the bugs bill found would have to be fixed
ASAP ...

ciao
	oli