Re: Landing team 28.07.14

* Oliver Ries <oliver.ries@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> thanks for the update Selene, bummer... on the bright side
> though.. happy to read the image appears to be OK once the link
> is fixed.
>
> Is there a way to force the symlink to the right target via
> some override at the end of the image creation as a stop gap
> until the underlying issue is resolved?
> What are suggested mitigation steps to get us off traincon-0 so
> we can land the currently queued silos and everything that was
> targeting this Thursdays beta freeze?

It looks like image 157 is already building, with a fix for this
issue.  So, I suspect we'll be off traincon-0 in just a few hours
anyway.

The bad symlink shouldn't even be possible, really, since it
links to a package which shouldn't be installed in the first
place.  But the build system doesn't resolve all the dependencies
before pulling in the packages, so it ends up with some
desktop-only packages in the phone image.  That's half the
problem, and the part which is difficult to resolve properly.
However, we can work around it by ensuring that the packages get
configured in the correct order, which makes update-alternatives
link to the correct package.

In any case, I think it's very likely we'll be able to promote
157 and then land everything which has been queued.  Probably
kgunn's silo first, which is expensive to re-test and fixes a
whitelisted blocker (poweroff dialog is shown when turning screen
on), and then a bunch of other less-complex silos afterward.

-- Selene