Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Landing team - RTM landings now officially open!

Can I request in general that people not spend too much mental energy
worrying about how much work this is going to be for now?  We have
various tools available that can be used to make this more efficient,
such as parallel silo assignment or source+binary copies from one
distribution into the other (possibly via a silo, so that they can be
retested in the alternate context).

I'm quite sure that the landing team will learn from the first few
attempts here and figure out what makes sense for various situations,
but since regrettably only a couple of people took us up on the request
to try test landings during the two weeks allocated for this purpose, we
do not yet have the experience required to write detailed documentation
for all cases.  We will therefore now have to work it out on the fly.

The main other thing I would request is that people put some thought
into the fact that, while the two distributions are at the same level
now, they are expected to diverge quite quickly as utopic development
continues; this was the point of creating a derived distribution, so
that phone development could be isolated from mainline Ubuntu
development.  Please remember that binaries cannot necessarily be freely
copied from one to the other, although in some cases it will of course
work fine; expecting that they can be copied in without testing will
carry some risks.  Hopefully proposed-migration should shield us from
the obvious possible mistakes here.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@xxxxxxxxxx]