Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Landing team - RTM landings now officially open!

On viernes 22 de agosto de 2014 15h'57:19 ART, Robert Park wrote:
On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Rodney Dawes
<rodney.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Then the only reasonable way to do that is to develop two completely
separate sets of MPs in parallel against different targets. You can't
target a single branch to two different targets to land at the same
time. It can/will cause problems if people try to do it.

I'm not sure what you mean. As far as I know, it should work fine if
you develop your branch once, and then make two different MPs
targetting the same branch against different targets (one against
trunk, one against rtm branch). It's true that you can't target one MP
to multiple targets, but you can have multiple MPs proposing the same
branch into different individual targets.

Doesn't the ci train merge back the changelog? That would break after the first landing.

Wouldn't it be better for the citrain to construct a source package with the revised packaging version and push that to the rtm ppa?