Re: DO NOT UPGRADE PHONE & image server taken down temporarily

On Oct 11, 2014, at 04:48 PM, Oliver Grawert wrote:

>we have abilities to do that ... but only stgraber knows the exact steps
>that dont break the world (last time we had this issue i simply did a
>copy-image of the former working image to become newer than the broken
>one, but that caused havoc with the deltas) ...
>
>we will need some better documentation and some training from stephane
>at the next sprint :)

Let's do that, and also discuss if there are ways to make the process better.
We already have (or should have) on the agenda discussion of LP: #1371703
filed by mpt.  Putting these in the context of making system upgrades as
bullet proof as possible seems like the right approach.

Cheers,
-Barry