Re: Reviews and bug reports

Hi,

I'm a bit late to the party but I still wanted to share my two cents.

While I as a developer would, of course, use a solution which utilizes
Launchpad's bug tracker, it would be kind of cumbersome for me to maintain
two bug trackers since I prefer Github for my personal projects. It's
better then nothing but I would still prefer a solution independent from
any bug tracker. So here is my proposal:

I think it would be easier for both parties if a review which a user
submits as a bug report is sent to the developer via e-mail. We know his
Ubuntu One id, so we can also find out his e-mail address.
This way, the developer can then create a bug report for the particular
issue on his favourite bug tracker and, most important, it is easy for both
him *and the user who reported the bug* to reply to each other.
Additionally, I believe that this would be much easier to implement than
any solution proposed above.

One other point to keep in mind: If a user has an Ubuntu One account, it
doesn't mean he has enabled it for use with Launchpad.

Thank you very much for your commitment and your will to change things. :)

Cheers,
Niklas