Re: Media Player

hi,

Am Sonntag, den 19.04.2015, 08:34 +0200 schrieb Matthias Apitz:
> El día Sunday, April 19, 2015 a las 12:48:26AM +0200, sturmflut escribió:
>
> > > In the BQ is an app called Media Player. I wanted to use it to play a
> > > file VoiceMessage.wav and copied this file to ~phablet, i.e. to
> > > /home/phablet. The app says that I do not have selected any file to play
> > > and I should copy it "to the phone". Very nice, without saying to which
> > > directory :-(
> >
> > This one is a bit "strange" and I ran into it myself: the Media Player
> > app currently seems to not have an UI for selecting files, it has to be
> > called with a file. You can do that by e.g. selecting a file in the
> > Video or Music scopes or maybe by installing the "File Manager" (I am
> > not fully sure, my phone is in a somewhat broken state because I'm
> > happily debugging other things).
>
> Hi,
>
> What for a nice app, designed to play files but not having a file open
> dialog :-(

it is in the works, just needs some content-hub integration to serve a
file-picker (sometimes the last 10% of an app take the longest time ...)

playlist support for media-hub (which is the backend to all media
playback on the phone) is also currently in active development and
should land soon.

what you can currently do is grab the stream url from inside the m3u and
call it directly on commandline:

ubuntu-app-launch mediaplayer-app
http://stream.dradio.de/7/251/142684/v1/gnl.akacast.akamaistream.net/dradio_mp3_dlf_s

or if you want to learn how to fish ;)
... you can quickly throw together your own click package for such a
case.
(start with sudo apt-get install click ...)

you need four files like: http://paste.ubuntu.com/10850107/ ... and an
icon.png file ... (i downloaded one from
www.turi2.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DLF-Deutschlandfunk-150.png and
saved it as icon.png)

throw all of them into a dir ... lets call it package/ and run:

click build package
(from the dir one level above...)
that produces deutschlandradio.ogra_0.1_all.click which you can then
push to the device and install with:
pkcon install-local --allow-untrusted
deutschlandradio.ogra_0.1_all.click

(you might need to "pull to refresh" the app scope to make it show up
then)

you can try the result of the above from (it only took me a few minutes
to roll this)
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/ubuntu-touch/deutschlandradio.ogra_0.1_all.click

ciao
	oli