Re: Bootloop after installing OTA4

El d�Tuesday, June 16, 2015 a las 03:55:18PM +0300, Simos Xenitellis escribi�> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Torsten Sachse
> <torsten.sachse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Jun 2015, John McAleely wrote:
> >
> >> You need to use ubuntu-device-flash from a ppa, as advised here:
> >>

> >> http://askubuntu.com/questions/602035/how-do-i-use-ubuntu-device-flash-with-the-bq-aquaris-e4-5-and-aquaris-e5
> >>
> >> [...]

Hello,

First of all again: Thanks for the update and the work of all involved
people! Great stuff!

I'm not in the situation where my BQ E4.5 does not come up anymore after
updating to OTA-4 r23, so I'm lucky. Despite of it, I'm trying to follow
this thread (or even call it threat) to be prepared for the future.

If this (non booting device) happens, one may be in highly complicated situation,
esp. when you use your BQ for daily busines and as the one and only mobile
device. That's why I think, there MUST be a clear and comprehensive
description in ONE place which explains exactly and in detail what you
now (in the moment of not booting) can do and what you need as tools and
files for this. This list should start with the prerequisites like:

1. you need a PC/laptop with Ubuntu xx.xx (which I do not have, btw)
2. you must install additional software from ppa: ....
3. you must download in addition files ... from ...
4. boot your Ubuntu and connect the USB to the phone
5. ....

and now the options, one after another which one could try to be as little
as posible destructiv to its own private data; ending with last option to
set the device back to the state as it was shiped from BQ.com.

Does this documentation exist?

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru@xxxxxxxxxxx     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail