Re: Bootloop after installing OTA4

hi,

Am Dienstag, den 16.06.2015, 15:51 +0200 schrieb Matthias Apitz:
> El da Tuesday, June 16, 2015 a las 03:55:18PM +0300, Simos Xenitellis escribi:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Torsten Sachse
> > <torsten.sachse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If this (non booting device) happens, one may be in highly complicated situation,
> esp. when you use your BQ for daily busines and as the one and only mobile
> device. That's why I think, there MUST be a clear and comprehensive
> description in ONE place which explains exactly and in detail what you
> now (in the moment of not booting) can do and what you need as tools and
> files for this.

if you ever made your device writable, installed any debs or changed any
files that are usually in the readonly space there is no guarantee at
all that any update will ever work and you are pretty much on your
own ...

the solution is pretty simple, don't tinker with the device if you need
to rely on it ... the OTAs are binary diffs between two predefined
readonly images, if you changed the base image of this diff process in
any way nobody can tell what happens ...

while you *can* make it writable all documentation that talks about it
definitely has a big fat warning that you are likely ending up in a
situation where it will break and you have to re-flash from scratch ...

beyond this, the askubuntu help under the above url pretty clearly
describes what you need to do imho ... please feel free to provide your
own answer there if you think it can be described any better or in more
detail.

this is why we use askubuntu, you are able to improve what's there if
you feel the need ;)

ciao
	oli