Re: OTA 4 bugs and bugs not fixed

Hi all

My impression is that the bluetooth issue is not being taken seriously at
all by Canonical. I keep reiterating that this is a safety issue.

I ditched my Samsung GS5 for the Ubuntu phone and I am generally satisfied
with the device. My biggest complaint is that there is a safety issue that
needs to be given priority. I have been flagging the bluetooth connectivity
issue for a long time through the feedback app on the phone, the askubuntu
site, and by contacting BQ directly.

I own a Mazda3 - 2014 model equipped with an entertainment system that
connects to the phone via bluetooth. I spend a long time in the car
travelling to client locations and I receive a lot of calls while i'm on
the move.

Unfortunately, every time I try to pair my phone with the car system, the
car doesn't detect my phone while my phone detects the car as a headset
with a fair signal. Now that the phone is moving towards convergence - a
big plus for me as I can ditch my laptop while travelling - it is essential
to have the phone connected to the car. I cannot Keep holding my phone
while driving.

As a business consultant for start-up businesses, I have been encouraging
clients to adopt Ubuntu (I also wrote a blog on LinkedIn -
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/give-ubuntu-try-mark-j-galea?trk=prof-post).
But bluetooth connectivity is essential for people who, like me, are always
on the move.

Thank you for your support.

Regards

mj