Re: Why does this code/app fail?

On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 14:07 +0200, sturmflut wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> I finally had the time to test your code, and it fails on my Ubuntu
> 15.04 desktop as well. Looks like the bug is somewhere between
> QtMultimedia, gstreamer and PulseAudio. I've commented your bug
> report
> and added myself as "affected", my father has been looking for a
> proper
> audio recorder for his Ubuntu phone for a couple of days.

I was looking for one, too, and decided to write one myself. As
mentioned before, I really need this. For now, I had to re-install
Cyanogenmod...

> The one thing I'm not sure of: will an app based on QtMultimedia keep
> running when the phone locks?

Not yet, I guess, at least not when installing it from the Ubuntu
Store. I think there is a way to allow apps to prevent sleeping (or
turning off the screen). However, these permissions are not allowed for
apps in the official Ubuntu Store (yet). I could be wrong though.

Ben