Re: compiling and running the Telegram client telegram-cli on BQ (r24)

El día Monday, August 10, 2015 a las 04:36:16PM -0400, Robert Schroll escribió:

> If you haven't already seen it, you might be interested in this blog
> post [1] by Michael Zanetti about manually creating and installing
> click packages.  It's nearly two years old, but I believe it's still
> largely correct.  It's what we had to made do with before the Qt
> Creator plugins gained these features.
>
> Robert
>
> [1] http://notyetthere.org/on-manually-creating-click-packages/

Thanks for sharing this. I have (of course) a few questions:

1)
I do not have a desktop file and will look for example and modify this.
Is there any naming convention for xxxxxx.desktop

2)
I do not have an icon, can I 'reuse' for example
/usr/share/icons/suru/apps/scalable/telegram-symbolic.svg

3)
And this is the most challenging one: the 'app' telegram-cli epends on
some shared libs:

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ ldd myRoot/home/phablet/telegram-cli | fgrep 'not found'
	libevent-2.0.so.5 => not found
	libjansson.so.4 => not found
	libconfig.so.9 => not found
	liblua5.2.so.0 => not found

in my start script I have set

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ cat tg.sh
#!/bin/sh

# to run the telegram-cli which we have compiled in a jail below
# /home/phablet/myRoot
# from outside the jail

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/phablet/myRoot/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

eval ~/myRoot/home/phablet/telegram-cli -k
~/myRoot/etc/telegram-cli/server.pub

i.e. the come from my jail where I have had the correct packages
installed. How to deal with this?

Thanks

	matthias

--