Re: making C written apps for the BQ (vivid)

El día Tuesday, August 11, 2015 a las 12:56:11PM +0200, Oliver Grawert escribió:

> well, you should rather justify why this package is needed for the core
> system instead of shipping it in your click ;)
>
> why would the rootfs itself need SASL at all etc ...
>
> generally it is expected that you ship all additional libs your app
> needs in the library path of the click (see [1] about the automatically
> set paths and directories in a click) or that you just produce a static
> binary. the size of the core rootfs tarball is limited by the size of
> the cache partition so each addition to teh rootfs comes at a cost and
> will need a very convincing reason why *everyone* would benefit from
> this addition.

I fully understand the intention, but thought that it would not be a
good idea to deliver shared libs which normally are delivered by the OS
distribution; anyway; I now put all what the MUA mutt needs below one
top level dir named mutt.click:

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ find mutt.click
mutt.click
mutt.click/mutt
mutt.click/lib
mutt.click/lib/libsasldb.so
mutt.click/lib/libsasldb.so.2.0.25
mutt.click/lib/libsasldb.so.2
mutt.click/lib/libntlm.so.2.0.25
mutt.click/lib/libanonymous.so.2.0.25
mutt.click/lib/libplain.so.2.0.25
mutt.click/lib/libdigestmd5.so.2.0.25
mutt.click/lib/liblogin.so.2.0.25
mutt.click/lib/libdigestmd5.so.2
mutt.click/lib/liblogin.so.2
mutt.click/lib/libcrammd5.so.2
mutt.click/lib/libntlm.so.2
mutt.click/lib/libplain.so
mutt.click/lib/libcrammd5.so
mutt.click/lib/liblogin.so
mutt.click/lib/libdigestmd5.so
mutt.click/lib/libplain.so.2
mutt.click/lib/libanonymous.so
mutt.click/lib/libntlm.so
mutt.click/lib/libanonymous.so.2
mutt.click/lib/libcrammd5.so.2.0.25
mutt.click/.muttrc
mutt.click/mutt_dotlock
mutt.click/Mail
mutt.click/tmp
mutt.click/tmp/.mailcap
mutt.click/signature

One question: 'mutt' is a terminal app, how can later one launch on
click on the icon the terminal app and inside this a shell script which
does more or less:

# LD_LIBRARY_PATH comes already set from caller
#
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
SASL_PATH=./lib          export SASL_PATH
./mutt -F ./.muttrc

Thanks

	matthias

--