Re: making C written apps for the BQ (vivid)

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 11.08.2015, 17:30 +0200 schrieb Matthias Apitz:

> I fully understand the intention, but thought that it would not be a
> good idea to deliver shared libs which normally are delivered by the OS
> distribution; anyway; I now put all what the MUA mutt needs below one
> top level dir named mutt.click:
you haven't read the doc i linked ;)
LD_LIBRARY_PATH1: adjusted to be LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<installation
directory>/lib/<gnutriplet>:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
this would be the path that ubuntu-app-launch will use once you actually
can produce a proper UI app for mutt (which you cant yet, more on that
below)
i.e: mutt.click/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/foo.so

> phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ find mutt.click
> mutt.click
> mutt.click/mutt
> mutt.click/lib
> mutt.click/lib/libsasldb.so
>
> One question: 'mutt' is a terminal app, how can later one launch on
> click on the icon the terminal app and inside this a shell script which
> does more or less:

sadly our SDK libs still miss a QML terminal widget (i was looking into
packaging htop more than once since we started :) )

once that is there, you can write a small QML wrapper plus a small Qt
based caller (see "Calling the command-line" at [1]) for mutt that
should actually give you a proper UI app you can run from a .desktop
file in the unity environment.

note though that mutt would have to run inside a confined path, it might
actually behave different when started by ubuntu-app-launch, so expect
that you might have to do further changes ...

ciao
	oli

[1]