Re: Landing team 13.08.15

Thanks for the explanation!

Just to make sure I've got it: devel isn't actually dangerous right now -- it's just not going to get any love until devel-proposed manages to stabilize. rc-proposed is available, but under the "If it breaks, you get both halves" warranty.

I'm speaking from a position of complete ignorance here, but: Is there that much of a chance that an image that works on mako will fail on manta or flo? I would assume that most of the driver issues have been worked out, and most of the updates for these machines would be "pure" software. If so, what about promoting images for manta and flo once they've passed QA on mako? Obviously you can't control for unknown unknowns, but it seems that this should be significantly safer than a -proposed channel. Obviously, we'd make it clear that these images aren't guaranteed in the same way those for mako are, and maybe this should only happen for rc, not stable, but I think it would be a nice intermediate between the working-but-old devel and new-but-maybe-broken rc-proposed.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

Thanks,
Robert