Re: Suggestion about translations / additional small release for strings after OTA

(just a comment)

... the same is true about changes to source code, be it bug fixes or
added features. What is the process here in detail?

User facing components could update also in between releases, given
the idea that such changes typically don't entail incompatibilities
(read: "API changes"). Translations would fall in this category.

Just for a common understanding: After all, Ubuntu Touch core apps are
just apps, like any other, with the exception the they carry the
promise of "Canonical safeguards platform conventions here", and
Canonical is expected to do the QA for them.

A question that come naturally: How far is the process of test
automation? Are there, say, acceptance tests written in Gherkin
language (for each and every feature, one day)? If this is not the
case or not planned would it make sense to come up with a volunteer
workforce dealing with writing acceptance tests (specs +
implementation), and Canonical could focus on the automation of the
whole process? The end result (vision!) could be that we have such a
high confidence in the stability of, say, the core apps when all
lights are green that intermediate releases can happen automatically
or at least semi-automatically with a dramatically reduced effort of
human QA supervision.

Would be interesting to see this happen. Any thoughts?
Peter