Re: Suggestion about translations / additional small release for strings after OTA

  Hi Petter:

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 10:07 AM, Peter Bittner <peter.bittner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> ... the same is true about changes to source code, be it bug fixes or
> added features. What is the process here in detail?

  Most if not all apps in Ubuntu Core components have either unit test
and/or UI-driven tests done in Autopilot or QML tests. Jenkins run a
set of them when a merge proposal is done in Launchpad. Projects also
have manual test plans, that developers and QA Team use for validation
when changes are done. You can see them here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~phablet-team/webbrowser-app/trunk/files/head:/tests/autopilot/webbrowser_app/tests/

  Test Automation is hard and slow, but key to our platform. If you
want to get involved, read some docs about Autopilot and join the
Ubuntu QA community.

  So, all these automated tests are language-neutral. In the QA Team,
where I work, we try to make sure every day that all the project
changes are I18N-enabled, either manually or automatically. We have
developed some tools that do translation checks, mostly to search for
untranslatable and untranslated strings. We run them during the image
validation period. The results has been satisfying, but this a work in
progress.

  Greetings,

--
Víctor R. Ruiz  | - All this moments will be lost
victor.ruiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | like tears in the rain