Re: Circle on the lock-screen

On 2015-10-30 23:24 , Alan Bell wrote:
> being in the circle isn't just a matter of looking nice, on the BQ
> devices and any future devices that implement a case with a cutout for
> the circle then that is an area with visibility and touch sensitivity
> whilst the case is closed that shouldn't do anything bad like pocket
> dialling (unless you had a retro rotary dialler perhaps) or starting
> music, or unlocking. The circle cutout should be treated like a really
> important feature, because it is a unique selling point that other
> platforms don't do.
>
> Alan.

Yes please.  I have a third-party case like that for my MX4 and I would
love to be able to use the cutout for more than just checking the time
and whether I have an unread SMS.

But the cutout is not centred over the circle.  So for this to work it
needs to be configurable, probably by dragging a rectangle on the screen
to say "this is where the welcome screen should show useful stuff".

Photo of how it looks now:

http://mat.exon.name/photo.JPG