  From: Alan Bell <alanbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
 To: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 11:24 PM
 Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Circle on the lock-screen

On 30/10/15 15:04, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Freitag, den 30.10.2015, 15:38 +0100 schrieb Peter Bittner:
>
>> I thought I had even opened a bug report to suggest Music player
>> controls on the lock screen, but it seems I just *wanted* to do that,
>> hmmm.  :-/
>> Does a feature request on this exist already somewhere?
> you will soon have music player controls in the sound indicator on the
> lockscreen (they already exist in rc-proposed images), while they might
> look nice in the circle that's quite some feature duplication...
being in the circle isn't just a matter of looking nice, on the BQ
devices and any future devices that implement a case with a cutout for
the circle then that is an area with visibility and touch sensitivity
whilst the case is closed that shouldn't do anything bad like pocket
dialling (unless you had a retro rotary dialler perhaps) or starting
music, or unlocking. The circle cutout should be treated like a really
important feature, because it is a unique selling point that other
platforms don't do.

Alan.