Re: phone turned off during the night

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Olivier Tilloy <
olivier.tilloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 12:37 PM, François DM <ledjazz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Olivier,
>
> Hi François,
>

>> The same happens to me all the time since I purchased my phone BQ
Aquaris E5
>> HD one month ago. Basically everything works fine until I reach the
range of
>> 50%-30% of battery. Then it goes crazily fast down to 0% with no way to
turn
>> it on again unless I plugging it to the charger.
>>
>> Note that this happens even with no applications opened (I activated
>> notifications only from the Telegram app), automatic brightness turned
on,
>> WI-FI and GPS features turned off, but with the track location turned on.
>>
>> I am glad to see that this may be a software issue and not an issue with
the
>> battery. I will submit my /var/log/syslog as soon as I can.
>
> If the battery drains quickly, then it’s a different issue. If you can
> reliably replicate it, it should be easy enough to identify the cause
> of the problem, and fix it.
> Please let the battery drain happen again, then plug it in to a
> computer, and when you can turn it on again, grab a copy of
> /var/log/syslog.
> Then please file a bug at
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+filebug and
> attach that log file.

I think I just saw something like that happen.
My phone was sitting idle at ~40% battery. Next thing I know, it had turned
off and I couldn’t turn it back on. I plugged it into my laptop, and it
wouldn’t turn on immediately as if the battery was too low, but the charge
screen indicated that it had 23% left.
After charging for a bit, I managed to switch it on, and this is how the
battery usage graph looks like:

​
Shortly before 5pm, the battery level dropped from ~40% to ~20% and the
phone turned off, as if it had run completely out of battery. It looks like
something is not reporting correctly the charge level.

Should I file a new bug, or do we already have a bug tracking this issue?

And do we have a bug report for the bluetooth that insists on enabling
itself, despite me turning it off again and again? I never ever use bt, I
really want it off.

Cheers,

 Olivier

PNG image