Re: Long time to get GPS fix - hardware of software problem?

so, today I cycled a mile to the office, walked around town for an hour, it is now 4PM and I go to a page I know uses location services, https://www.aldi.co.uk/storelocator/ it asks to allow location, I allow it, and it pins me at home, where I was 8 hours ago. Is this expected behavior of the caching? I suspect part of the annoyance is that some web things that want a geolocation only ask for it once, they are not tracking your movement they just want to know where you are to display stuff around you. For that kind of request flinging a very stale cached location at them isn't helpful because they won't update if a better fix comes available, better to block the request while making an effort to figure out the position. When I have location services enabled I kind of expect it to check for a fix every so often, not just when I open maps and wait 5 minutes.

Alan.