Re: GPS/location and other background processing

it isn't really about that, it is about providing less broken location data to applications that ask for it. The current situation is that if an application requests location data it gets given random coordinates of somewhere you may have been to in the last week or so. Then it thinks about refreshing the location and refining it over the next few minutes or so if the application is one that asks where you are again and again. If it could take a peek at the satellites every so often then it would enable several additional classes of application and would be less broken for things that only ask once.

Alan.