Re: Difficulty Sending Messages to this List (was Re: (no subject)

I have had a number of messages from yahoo accounts end up in my (gmail) spam foulder. Generally, Gmail says,

Why is this message in Spam? It's from an address in the yahoo.com domain but has failed yahoo.com's required tests for authentication.

There are (at least) two obvious things that could be causing this.

1) The sender is sending their email from their own server, not Yahoo's, causing this check to fail. This doesn't seem to be the case in the one example I checked out.

2) Google is being distracted by the fact the the email is coming from a Canonical server, not from a Yahoo server. This is true, but it doesn't explain why no other hosts have this difficulty. (Perhaps Yahoo is misconfigured?)

In any event, the fact that someone somewhere has misconfigured their email is hardly cause for us to abandon email altogether.

Robert