Re: How to backup

El día Friday, March 25, 2016 a las 01:09:50PM +0100, Heroldich Robin escribió:

> Hey,
>
> I've just tested it, but it doesn't work. I compressed my /userdata/ folder, then copied it to my machine. Flashed my phone with --wipe and. Then I used the following command:
>
> ssh phablet@192.168.0.41 tar zxvf - < userdata.tar.gz
>
> It finished, but I have the default app with the default settings. After a reboot as well. Any idea?

yes, depending of the real content, i.e. how the directory structure is
in your tar file userdata.tar.gz, you must set additional flags to tar
to change to the correct directory or even to allow un-tar containing
the first "/"; if this does not help, show the first few lines of

$ tar tvf userdata.tar.gz | head

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
Bundeswehr: Wir.Dienen.Deutschland. - Wir.Machen.Krieg.  (We.Serve.Germany. - We.Make.War.)