Re: Libertine (old solution without libertine)

It works since almost a year.

Am 26.03.2016 um 18:42 schrieb Wayne Ward:
> Could i do this witj vnc and lifeograph?

lifeograph is in the sources but you have to test it and vnc yourself or
wait some weeks for ready libertine - probably on OTA-11, I hope - I'm
no developer. But the tablet comes near and will have installed it...

Of course, your system have to be made writable. It should be no howto,
only some hints, but:
touch /userdata/.writable_image
(Maybe by Terminal App.)

I forgot, you only need to install xserver-xorg-xmir from the normal
stable phone image, too: (But, of course, at your on risk.)
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-xmir

!DON'T use a upgrade or dist-upgrade because of low memory!

You can ask here in a new topic so I and other interested people can
have a look on it. But for most people it seams to be better to wait
some weeks for libertine.

For my repair of broken system on BQ E4.5 I used two commands like this
on the Ubuntu pc with installed (without deleting home with user data):
sudo apt-get install phablet-tools
# maybe from ppa http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-sdk-team/ppa/ubuntu/
# when old 14.04
# and then

Before the first command you have to enter the fastboot mode in bootmenu
of BQ by power on and hold power and volume+ pressed until the red led
disappears or the menu is there directly!

# 1. command, one line:
wget http://people.canonical.com/~jhm/barajas/recovery-krillin.img &&
fastboot flash recovery
/home/star/Dokumente/2014-2015/Linux/ubuntu-touch/recovery-krillin.img

# 2. command, one line:
ubuntu-device-flash -v touch --channel=ubuntu-touch/stable/bq-aquaris.en
--device=krillin

More details on German wiki portal:
https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Ubuntu_Touch
There you can look for commands or use translate.google.com (but not for
the commands, so use a second tab view).

Greetings, Benno-007 (only a heavy user and wiki author)