Re: So how will this tablet thingamie work then?

you can use pocket for the bookmarks which is dead handy
evernote for your notes really handy

i use owncloud bit messier but i do contacts, calendar, task app on
ubuntu phone and desktop, recorder for voice notes
documents, photos and music
i think there is a tomboy plugin for owncloud for notes but you can
sync the notes on the phone and computer using the notes app and
owncloud as well :) but prefer evernote for this much more power :)

any questions ping me
or find me on http://ubuntusocial.net
or telegram group ubuntu social https://telegram.me/joinchat/A7yL8QUE1t
ibuVXmps6hmg