Re: Fwd: Xenial for Ubuntu Phone?

On 04/22/2016 11:58 AM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak wrote:
Hey Tony!

We were considering that as well, but there are a few reasons we do not
want to do that. If we wanted to move to 16.10 instead of 16.04 we would
need to wait at least 6 more months for the switch to happen since we
*must* base on a released version. It's not acceptable to do it before
the series is fully released - we did that in the 14.09 times and it was
one of the worst ideas and experiences we had.

Waiting 6+ months to do a baseline switch is too long, we already
stretch vivid's possibilities - being that the main series is already EOL.

Sure, as long as we're aware that we'll probably end up with more packages in the overlay re-basing on xenial ( vs. x+1 ) as the barrier to SRU'ing packages for 16.04 is a bit higher than landing the same changes in a development release.

That said, I understand the trade-off re: having to wait yet another six months, and the risks of using a "pre-release" version.

Regards,
/tony

Cheers,