Re: Fwd: Xenial for Ubuntu Phone?

Thanks for the updates, everyone!

>> But please remember that it's not an easy task.
>> When we were switching our baseline from 14.09 (ubuntu-rtm) to 15.04
>> long time ago it took us a few months to stabilize the phone again.

For sure.   It's a very serious undertaking.

A task force is eminently reasonable.    I was just a little out of the
loop on whether or not there was an existing plan, and whether or not
"scouting" was already underway.

>> With xenial introducing the g++ ABI break (and a few other nuances), the
>> whole process could take even longer since there's more things we need
>> to consider during the switch.

Yes.

I've seen the ripples of that g++ ABI break impacting Ethereum developers
based on ArchLinux, who are obviously ahead of the curve on that.   Having
to triage your way through all your pre-built binaries is not a joyful task.

Best wishes, everyone.