Re: [Design]: Color changes in OTA 10

On 26/04/16 11:31, Andrea Bernabei wrote:

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Alan Bell <alanbell@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:alanbell@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 26/04/16 11:02, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

        Remember, there is no phone/tablet/desktop split, it's all a
        converged
        experience.

    it might be one day, but right now in 16.04
    unity8-desktop-session-mir is not exactly ready or recommended for
    prime time. For starters dual screens mean one of them gets stuff
    written on it sideways asking you to use it as a touchpad for the
other screen!

How is this related? :)
well it is one thing of many that makes me feel that convergence is a long way off and Unity 8 isn't supposed to be used on grown up hardware yet :)

    I have not been able to launch any apps for more than a second or
    two (possibly something to do with cgroups services in systemd?)
    and I am not sure that xmir is ready to have X apps launched from
    the app scope.

there's a work in progress bug for not being able to launch apps on UbuntuClassic+Unity8/Mir. That is supposed to work on the tablet.
yeah, it is quite possible that the cgroups thing is related to my laptop which was a clean install of 12.04 and has been upgraded every release from there and I installed the Mir and Wayland previews as soon as they were available so something may have gone astray along the way.

    Lets say for a moment we go along with the converged experience
    thing, how in Unity 8 would I have a Qt UI component that is
    focussed but not active using touch or mouse or keyboard to
    achieve it?

For instance by tabbing through, as you previously said.
OK, so that does work then, I have been unable to get to the point of having a QML app running in Mir on my laptop, but I will give it another go and see if I can get any further. If I can run a terminal and a browser with a debugger then I am basically OK to converge (although limiting to one functional screen would be a bit of a pain)