Re: Use cell towers for faster location fix

it also matters which network you are on to which towers you can see, and that gets complicated with roaming agreements and tower sharing stuff, there is at least one project looking to map towers and signal strengths https://www.cellmapper.net/mw/index.php/Index

I don't think running the GPS is horrific on battery life, but even if it is I want an option to turn it on and suffer the consequences, if I need to plug it in to something after a few hours then fine. Right now location services is not really functional at all and I would happily give up some battery life if it meant it had a reasonable chance of knowing where it is.

Alan.