Re: screen shot / clipboard tool / screen capture

Le 26/07/2016 à 09:55, Michał Sawicz a écrit :
That wouldn't be easy, other than having a dedicated user for unity8 and
deleting it. Unity8 isn't that much different from Unity7 in terms of
where it stores settings, apps can have their stuff in ~/.cache,
~/.config, ~/.local/share etc.

Ah I see. I feared it would be something a bit complicated like that…
I'm asking this because I fear my install has gone wrong somehow and I
find strange bugs, like the Music-app opening instead of the System
Settings app (1). And lately, the network-indicator doesn't work, so no
Internet (even with an ethernet cable). I didn't report this one yet,
because it probably won't help anyone if I report bugs from a broken
install.
It would be good to find out how you got to the "broken install" state, too.

Well, I don't really know. I don't really mess with my system, but it's not a fresh install. It's been upgraded every step of the way since 14.10, and at some points during that time, I did try various ways of getting Unity 8 on the desktop: unity8 in a terminal, unity8 as a session, unity8 in a container, and back to unity8 in a session. Maybe some stuff from these remain?

My current install is based on Michael Hall's blog post. It did seem to work, but I think the music-app/system settings bug occured as soon as I installed the music-app from the store. Since then, I uninstalled it, removed the silo he mentions in his post and installed it again using only the overlay. Nothing changed (same things worked, same things didn't work). And then after a few updates, the network-indicator stopped working (and I don't know if it's related, but the Unity 7 network indicator has been a little flaky lately).

Guillaume