Re: Should App updates be passed to the download manager?

On 2 August 2016 at 16:50, Rodney Dawes <rodney.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This really should have a hard dependency on unity-scope-click, and
> instead of using pkcon directly, should run the install-helper script
> from the click scope.

​Do you have a download-helper as well? Would *love *not having to
implement the X-Click-Token dance.​

> Maybe the part I was thinking of was that the updates panel does the
> scope refresh based on a signal, but it does pass pkcon to udm.
> Dropping that signal handling from the code, and just relying on the
> script from the click scope would be a nice win there.

​Pretty sure that's gone too. Seems pkcon itself is emitting a signal?

But yeah, let's try to reduce duplication across these programs that do
pretty much the same thing. Would you point me to the helper script in
question?

Thanks. BR, Jonas​