Re: What's the plan for Ubuntu Phone in 2017?

Hi Peter,

 I believe that a system similar to what you're asking for is already
under development in the form of the messaging framework:

https://code.launchpad.net/messaging-framework

 I think there are similar plans for VoIP as well. Pretty much
everyone's on holiday now but if you give me (Elleo) a ping on IRC in
the new year I can try to put you in touch with the folks working on so
you can share your thoughts on it with them.

Cheers,
 Mike