Re: Introducing Canonical's Ubuntu Crickets

El 29/12/16 a las 14:00, gareth.france@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx escribió:
Ok, I think the problem here is that we have ticked along for at least the last year with regular updates on what is landing. Although I often don't take it in it is nice to see this regular reminder that things are happening. Ever since I first got my handset there has been a very clear statement about when the next OTA is due and what will be in it. On the launchpad page there has been and OTAxx tag with bugs marked against it to track this. Now there are no daily updates and this tag is not present at the moment.

So I can understand the confusion, it isn't that people expect constant updates so much as the fact that this familiar pattern of updates has broken down with no warning or explaination. I have to confess I was wondering too what is happening with the next OTA.

I have no doubt this is the Christmas season and probably people working on some very big changes so I'm not worried. I do think sarcastic posts like that which started this discussion are a bit distructive though sowing bad sentiment.

One gripe I do have is that this group seems to have all but ground to a halt recently. Where is the Ubuntu touch buzz now? Where is the discussion taking place? Any suggestions?

Yesterday was the equivalent to April, 1st here in Spain so I decided to write a little tongue in cheek post.

Whoever that clicked on the second link I provided could discover that quickly enough, because goo.gl/Ibruc2 resolves to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools'_Day#Comparable_prank_days

The format of the message was a prank but the heart of the message is serious enough as this thread proves.

In an open source project, communication, and treating the community with care is essential. And you can see in this threat the community feels lost.

I'm personally just asking for some info, and some timeline.

Thank you everybody for your great work and Happy New Year!

--
advocatux