Re: Twitter notifications

On 9 March 2017 at 19:32, Paul Tait <paultait22@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Alberto,
>
> I tried that and this is what I got back.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/account-console", line 163, in login_account
>
>     print >> sys.stderr, 'Service "%s" not found' % args.service
>
> TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for >>: 'builtin_function_or_method'
> and '_io.TextIOWrapper'
>
> I also tried removing the account and ran both commands again, but the
> output was the same.

The error from account-console looks like the following bug, which I
guess hadn't been fixed prior to the most recent OTA release:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/account-plugins/+bug/1309433

Essentially, the script had been updated enough so it parsed as valid
Python 3, but didn't make semantic sense.  In Python 2, it prints a
message to stderr.  In Python 3, it constructs a tuple out of the
result of "print >> sys.stderr" and a string.  Since the ">>" operator
isn't defined for function objects, you get that error.

I'm not sure if there is an alternative to get the information Alberto wants.

James.