Re: [doc-viewer] Development

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 9:50 PM, Stefano Verzegnassi <stefano92.100@xxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've created a new branch for poppler-qml-plugin:
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~verzegnassi-stefano/poppler-qml-plugin/use-
> qabstractlistmodel

Hi Stefano,

Awesome, thanks! Sorry about the delay in replying, I've been busy with
other things, probably same as everyone else.

> This includes a new ListModel and a Worker Thread, in order to load pages
> asynchronously.
> Sadly the code is not backward compatible with the earlier revisions, and
> it requires some changes in docviewer-app trunk.

I think this shouldn't be an issue. We can easily do changes in
docviewer-app.

Right now, we're blocked on this branch getting approved, which needs
adapting the Autopilot tests, but I've not had much time to look into it
unfortunately:

https://code.launchpad.net/~dpm/ubuntu-docviewer-app/add-plugin/+merge/237545

However, I think the challenge here will be to get a new poppler-qml-plugin
package with this changes uploaded to the archive, as we're nearing both
the desktop and phone releases. I think we might need to end up shipping a
copy of the plugin in the app's click package.

> If you want to test it, I've uploaded an example project[1] with a dummy
> PDF files. The Poppler plugin is already built-in.
>
> Any feedback or advice would be very appreciated. Once everything is ok,
> I'll propose it for merging.

Thanks!

Cheers,
David.