Re: [doc-viewer] Development

Ciao David,

Il 14/10/2014 11:55, David Planella ha scritto:
Hi Stefano,

Awesome, thanks! Sorry about the delay in replying, I've been busy with
other things, probably same as everyone else.

I've been busy too, no problem.

I think this shouldn't be an issue. We can easily do changes in
docviewer-app.

Right now, we're blocked on this branch getting approved, which needs
adapting the Autopilot tests, but I've not had much time to look into it
unfortunately:

https://code.launchpad.net/~dpm/ubuntu-docviewer-app/add-plugin/+merge/237545

However, I think the challenge here will be to get a new
poppler-qml-plugin package with this changes uploaded to the archive, as
we're nearing both the desktop and phone releases. I think we might need
to end up shipping a copy of the plugin in the app's click package.

During the weekend, I spoke with Fabio and he also thinks that it would be better to provide the plugin through the click package.

I was waiting the MP to be merged, in order to start with the integration of poppler-qml-plugin in trunk. To be fair, I'd need to change many parts of the application, so that I am able to use PageStack and have a custom app header for each type of content. It's very probably that Autopilot tests would have been broken again in the following commits.

The last time I used Python was about two years ago for some scripts: in the next days I'll have some spare time, so I'm available to take a look at the tests and fix them where needed.

As I told to Fabio, I'm also investigating on the support for searching text in a PDF document and enabling URL links inside the page. As for the plain text viewer, I was looking for some way to highlight syntax when a source code file is requested. Of course this has a low priority, anyway I've seen that the 'textDocument' property of QML TextEdit[1] (used for this purpose) is not exposed through Ubuntu.TextArea. It would be useful to have some feedback from the UITK team.

Cheers,
Stefano

[1]: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qml-qtquick-textedit.html#textDocument-prop