ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: [Artwork] Logo redesign

That was intended. The idea is to give the header a very simple,
straightforward look. We could actually just use a "home" icon for Home,
but we thought the GNOME roundel would look better. Not a big deal, but
that's definitely something we could discuss in the future. In this page
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Artwork/Graphics>, you can see we have
lots of pictograms that represent several concepts that can be used (and
have been used) in different places.

Our branding is pretty much that: the logo (the full logo, i.e, the word
ubuntuGNOME + the roundel) and versatile pictograms. *This might be further
in the future, of course.*

PS. There's a branding guidelines on the work, but we are waiting to have a
proper logo (we are misusing the GNOME foot, as their trademark states) to
release a first version. A preview of the guidelines can be found here
<http://cl.ly/3x1L2G3u2D0a>.

Cheers.