ubuntugnome-artwork team mailing list archive

Re: [Artwork] Logo redesign

All noted/checked.

Is there a brainstorming document with inspiration/ideas? Or does everyone do this for themselves.

*Patrik Bub**ák*
LinkedIN <http://dk.linkedin.com/in/inokisakaeru/> | Portfolio <http://behance.net/inoki> | About me <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Inoki> Translating Firefox support articles <https://support.mozilla.org/sk/user/Inoki> and SmartLauncher 2 (Slovak localization) <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ginlemon.flowerfree>

This message was sent to you from *Linux*, find out why <https://prism-break.org>.
Dňa 26.11.2014 o 13:12 Alfredo Hernández napísal(a):
That was intended. The idea is to give the header a very simple, straightforward look. We could actually just use a "home" icon for Home, but we thought the GNOME roundel would look better. Not a big deal, but that's definitely something we could discuss in the future. In this page <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Artwork/Graphics>, you can see we have lots of pictograms that represent several concepts that can be used (and have been used) in different places.

Our branding is pretty much that: the logo (the full logo, i.e, the word ubuntuGNOME + the roundel) and versatile pictograms. /This might be further in the future, of course./

PS. There's a branding guidelines on the work, but we are waiting to have a proper logo (we are misusing the GNOME foot, as their trademark states) to release a first version. A preview of the guidelines can be found here <http://cl.ly/3x1L2G3u2D0a>.

Cheers.