Re: Seeking feedback on Android U1 app

Hi again!

Yet again, Ubuntu (especially Android) users, I really need your feedback,
as this issue will directly impact the behavior of the Android Ubuntu One
application. As seen on this mockup http://goo.gl/avvS, there's no 'Open
this file' nor 'Browse this directory', since I have concluded these would
be normally what you wish to do when you tap/touch/click a file/folder. Long
press, on the other hand, invokes a context menu to Share a folder with
other people, or Publish (a file) via Ubuntu One, then you can copy or share
the link options etc.

Question is: how would you want a short tap/touch to act upon a file on your
Android Ubuntu One app? Would you think of opening it (point-and-shoot
scenario ;) ), or perhaps (since you're using a mobile device) there are
options you would be more probable to expect after short tap, like publish a
file or remove it?

To rephrase one last time: do you want to open a file with a short
tap/touch, while long-press pops a menu to publish, delete; or do you want
to pop a menu with the list of options (and maybe some additional info about
the file) after any (short/long) press on a file?

I will appreciate any constructive critique. (If you have used Android
Dropbox application before, please note that in your response or make sure
your opinion is not influenced by you wanting to have the same behaviour as
Db does. We want to be better than that ;) )

Thank you!
Mike