Re: Fwd: Getting users to care (was Re: [Fwd: Re: Update manager])

...This was hilarious, sexy librarians and all...
Me personally, I don't have a *huge *issue presenting updates at the
beginning of a log-in sequence.  As a user, you know they are there, and you
either ignore or proceed.

I can't help but think though, that when I login to my desktop normally, the
Update Manager usually shows up within 2-5 minutes with updates, and when it
does- I cringe at the thought of having to reboot.

Now, would those updates have made me cringe less if I haven't already
opened Firefox, Evolution, and a track to listen to? Probably...

But, it still is something different than other OS' default behavior (Not a
bad thing, most updates systems already stink).  I guess I relate it most to
the example of an avid user of Firefox plugins.  I hate when I open my
browser and those updates are there, I usually ignore them because I want
into my Gmail, or whatever the case may be.

It is a different way to look at updates, however, and not a bad idea at
that...

-Anthony