Re: Fwd: Getting users to care (was Re: [Fwd: Re: Update manager])

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:06 AM, mac_v <drkvi-a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Alex Launi wrote:
>  > I disagree, let's imagine this scenario, together...
>
> > <blur and wiggle dream sequence end style change>
>
> The whole "dream" assumes that the downloads are already
> downloaded/quickly downloaded...
>
> Consider users with slow connections, so the downloads take time to be
> initially downloaded download is larger the longer the wait time!
>
> Downloads take time, also when the user is connected to via a secure
> *wireless connections the connection is established ONLY after login* ,
> which allows the passkey use!
>
> cheers,
> mac_v
>
> <https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp>

Again, just a user here...
However, Windows does give the option to download the updates in the
background then notify when they've fully downloaded.

Would a behavior similar to this make the "updates on login," option any
more tempting?

-Anthony