Re: Idea: letting users of the testing distribution participate in testing and report feedback on different UI choices if they wish

+1 on actually asking users. You made a few very good points.
I'd suggest that about two weeks after each new release a "Feedback" window
should appear on login with the following message:

"Ubuntu is a community project and we do our best to make sure that you
enjoy using it. If you'd like to suggest new features, report a bug, or just
tell us what we can do better, click here.

Thank you. We hope you will continue to enjoy using Ubuntu!"

Regards,
Natan