Re: Updates on Login

I don't think (b) is a good idea for the following reasons :

 * When the user shuts the PC down, he doesn't expect to give it attention
anymore. An update can fail or be interrupted for some reasons (package
missing on a server, internet connectivity broken, kernel upgrade asks if
the menu.lst should be changed, etc). How do we let the user control the
update process in these cases ? How do we make sure the user's attention
isn't needed ?
 * What about laptops ? Sometimes you shutdown your laptop because you're
about to move. Do you want, in this case, to have to wait for the upgrade to
perform ?

I'm not against the idea itself, but I think it should be an optional thing,
not enabled by default.

SD.

PS : forgot to forward to Ayatana ML again x.x