Re: Updates on Login

Alex Launi wrote:

> Leaving the computer while it's still working is /very/ likely to cause
> a sense of discomfort, and chances are people will stick around and wait
> for it to finish.

As you say, "chances are" i.e> user *can wait* but is not forced to,
but for a login update user *has to wait* .

Login update is a forced behavior. while the shutdown is the users
option to stick around!

*A forced behavior is always frustrating* , while if the user is waiting
 out of his own discomfort it is not frustrating since he chooses to stay.

We are just looking for a solution that doesnt frustrate the user.

cheers,
mac_v