Re: New notification placement

Am Freitag, den 28.08.2009, 11:25 -0700 schrieb Mike Rooney:

> While we are on the subject of mouse cursor behavior, I just want to
> mention to keep in mind the visibility of the mouse. I noticed before
> if I am doing something which hides the mouse cursor, the notification
> would appear faded if the mouse was there, even if it was hidden. In
> this case the mouse is not being used and it seems like wherever you
> do conditional logic based on mouse position/proximity, there should
> first be a check to make sure it is visible. Otherwise you'll end up
> with notifications behaving strange (from the users perspective) when
> the cursor is hidden but close to the notification.

That's a good catch, Mike.

	Questions now are... should the fade-prevention still kick in, if the
mouse pointer is hidden? Should notify-osd unhide the mouse-pointer,
thus overriding another app's decision (would be considered intrusive
behaviour of notify-ods)? Can notify-osd detect a hidden mouse-pointer
at all (afaik, hiding the mouse-pointer is app-specific, read: focused
window)?

I currently cannot answer any of those questions.

Best regards ...

Mirco