Re: Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala

Scott E. Armitage wrote:
> It sounds like this is putting the horse before the bit -- there is
> still a lot of turmoil out there regarding NotifyOSD's positioning.
> The "Work for Lucid" section /should/ say something more like
>
> " Positioning: Determine the driving requirements for notification
> bubble positioning and separate them from the 'nice-to-haves'. Perform
> a trade study comparing all possible solutions against the
> requirements to identify those that satisfy requirements."
>
> We can keep moving the notifications around every time Ubuntu is
> released, /or/ we could pin down /what we actually need/ to accomplish
> in notification positioning and get it done. Right. This time.
Hold on a sec. We are not just aimlessly pushing it around. We have a
clear set of tradeoffs and constraints (see a previous mail on this
list). Theory is useful, but it also helps to have actual time spent
(i.e. a few weeks to get used to it) with various options. That's what
we'll do in Lucid, we'll try the bottom right and get some real
experience with it. We may try the centerline again (popular as that was
:-)). And by the end of it we'll make a decision, and stick with it from
then on.

Mark