Re: Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Brett Cornwall <brettcornwall@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Well, let me save you from some grief: I can promise you, without a doubt,
> that the middle of the screen will not fly for anyone. :).
>
> I know this argument can be said for anything, but I strongly feel that
> this is an item that should be customizable, even if the aim is to try and
> keep the bare minimum going for positive purposes.

The middle of the screen, or the middle of the screen on the right-hand
side? I maintain that the centre of the screen is still a viable option for
synchronous notifications such as e.g. volume, brightness, etc. -- the user
is actively interfacing with the computer, they should easily see the
effects of that. The should also disappear quicker than async notifications.

Asynchronous notifications that you might not care about -- now /those/ make
a lot more sense to be tucked away in a corner such that they are easily
ignorable if you don't want to pay any attention to them.

I agree that middle of the screen on the right will not fly with anyone :-)

-Scott

--
Scott Armitage, B.A.Sc., M.A.Sc. candidate
Space Flight Laboratory